November-26th-2003, 11:11 PM
Each Day Is A Gift.
I hope that all of my friends at Jazz Corner are able to relax and savor those things for which they should be thankful tomorrow. I offer no apologies when I say that I've grown very tired of this day being referred to as "Turkey Day" for obvious reasons.
Among the many things for which I'll give thanks tomorrow, not necessarily in any order:
• That I'll be eating a slice of the scrumptuous Pumpkin Pies which Patti is preparing in our kitchen at this time.
• That I was smart enough to marry Patti, and that she's tolerated me over these nearly 39 years of marriage.
• That we have three of the most incredibly handsome, talented, sensitive and loving children imaginable.
• That we have two smart, beautiful, loving grandchildren.
• That Patti and I are healthy, and able to share Thanksgiving with her parents, also healthy at 83 years of age.
• That I'm still playing and teaching music on a regular basis.
• That my discovery of jazz in 1958 led to a lifelong journey of pleasure, outreach and further discovery.
• That I'm blessed to have such wonderful friends, online and off.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends at Jazz Corner.
Last edited by Ron Thorne; November-26th-2003 at 11:13 PM.